Time & Place
30 Sep 2016
The final agenda is available here - https://cybersecuritymonth.eu/press-campaign-toolbox/ecsm-kick-off-event-agenda/
Preparations for the fourth ECSM started in earnest with collaboration being forged between the European Banking Federation (EBF), Europol EC3 and ENISA for this year’s Cyber Security Month kick-off event. The events session will include three discussion panels with specialists from public and private sectors as well as academia, introducing the four selected themes of the ECSM 2016 edition:
- Security in Banking
- Cyber Safety
- Cyber Security Training
- Mobile Malware
The event will be an excellent opportunity for all actors in cyber security to interact and discuss together matters of common interest.
*Please note this is a by invitation only event
Cyber Security is a Shared Responsibility
European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) is an EU advocacy campaign that promotes cyber security among citizens and advocates for change in the perception of cyber-threats by promoting data and information security, education, sharing of good practices and competitions. The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission DG CONNECT and Partners are deploying the European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) every October.
The objectives of the European Cyber Security Month are:
• generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy;
• generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive;
• promote safer use of the internet for all users;
• build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM;
• involve relevant stakeholders;
• increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project;
• enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.
Website: https://cybersecuritymonth.eu/ <https://cybersecuritymonth.eu/>
Twitter: @CyberSecMonth <https://twitter.com/CyberSecMonth>